Verified FBN Member (OK)


Farmer Tax exempt card/permit


I am resident of Texas and bought farm land in Oklahoma, where do I apply for Farmers Tax exemption card/ permit? Texas or Oklahoma? Is the permit applied in one state, eligible in other states?


Verified FBN Member (OK)

You’ll probably have to do both. Start in Oklahoma because that’s where your land is. Go to the county assessor. I’ve bought stuff in Texas and I had to apply for an exemption there too but I think I had to have my Oklahoma exemption to apply for that.